Social media is a powerful tool that business owners can use to engage with consumers and create a positive brand image for their company.
According to a recent study by the Global Web Index, a quarter of all Internet users worldwide have used social networking sites, and those numbers show no signs of slowing down.
The three main ways brands use social media are to be present, interactive, and responsive.
• Being Present – The first way is just being present on as many social media platforms as possible. If many consumers are on a particular platform, there is no reason why your brand shouldn’t be there too.
• Being Interactive – Being interactive means engaging with consumers and creating a two-way dialogue rather than just talking at them. There is an expression that says, “the customer is always right,” and this couldn’t be truer in the realm of social media. Companies should listen to consumers’ complaints and respond accordingly to resolve the problem.
• Being Responsive – Social media is an excellent tool for gathering feedback about your products or services from existing customers. It can also be used as a customer service tool to help you with any issues consumers have.
The best brands are the ones that use social media platforms to engage with their target market and build a strong relationship with them. Consumers crave dialogue, so give it to them!
How It Influences Customers
Social media is a powerful influence on customers because it is part of their everyday lives.
They are always connected to it and spend a significant amount of time on social media sites, providing instantaneous access to companies’ platforms.
In this sense, the customer’s relationships with the company from an online perspective have been altered by their use of social media to give them a more intimate relationship.
It Creates Intimacy
This intimacy allows for consumers to share information about products in an open manner which can be guided not only by word-of-mouth but also through online research and usage statistics or product testimonials which can be shared easily through Facebook or Twitter feeds with others who may be viewing the same post at the same time.
It Breaks Down Barriers
Social media influences customers by breaking down barriers between companies and their consumers.
This is a two-way street, as customer feedback can be used to improve business practices by allowing for an intimate understanding of what the public wants from a company.
In this age of technology, companies have been able to have unparalleled access to consumers by providing them with an opportunity which most people crave these days- immediate connection.
It Identifies Opportunities
Not only does social media allow companies to sell its product, but it also helps them identify potential opportunities that may or may not exist in the current market.
Prioritizing social media as one of the foundational aspects of a successful business plan is crucial for any company looking to grow and sustain success in today’s fast-paced world.
Social media enhances customer satisfaction and engagement and serves as a direct alternative outlet for advertising and marketing.
A customer who shares their experience on social media is more than four times more likely to purchase from the company again than those who do not.
This means that if people are both advertised to and engaged with on social media, they’re more likely to buy goods or services supplied by that company.
It Builds Trust
Social media can create an “algorithm of trust.” If someone sees one positive status update about a product or service, they’re less likely to post harmful content; this makes brands’ attitudes considerably easier to manage.
How Brands Use Social Media
Whether you’re a small brick-and-mortar restaurant or a larger franchise, social media can give you an upper hand in marketing your business.
The three main ways brands use social media are by being present, being interactive, and being responsive.
Being present means maintaining a constant connection to the customer via the company’s social media platforms. Business owners can do this by posting regular content on Facebook or Twitter which contains relevant information for the company’s followers.
When customers engage with brands or companies through social media, the company must respond appropriately. This can be done by either answering their question directly or posting a status update on the company’s page informing the public about what they plan to do for each user. Be interactive.
It is vital to note customer complaints and make sure that those issues are resolved as soon as possible. Regularly engaging with customers on the company’s social media page will allow for both potential public relations opportunities and the ability to resolve concerns before they become more significant problems.
The Customer Experience
Social media not only benefits companies by opening up a new and popular form of advertising, but it also enhances the customer experience by allowing for a two-way conversation that can address concerns and provide feedback in real-time.
Positive Engagement Increases Sales
Regularly interacting on social media platforms will increase customer engagement and have a positive effect on the bottom line of the business. With an increased size of its follower base, companies can expect to see improvements in revenue.
Being interactive means engaging with consumers and creating a two-way dialogue rather than just talking at them. There is an expression that says, “the customer is always right,” and this couldn’t be truer in the realm of social media. Companies should listen to consumers’ complaints and respond accordingly to resolve the problem.
When a customer has a question or concern, always be responsive and receptive to their feedback.
This is a critical aspect of social media because it shows your customers that their opinion matters. If you listen to what your customers have to say and respond in a helpful manner, they will feel more connected to your brand.
You can also take this time to ask them additional questions about their experience. This will allow you to gain insight into your customers and help you create a more positive image for your brand.
Be responsive even when you have negative feedback.
If your customers are unhappy with something, there is a reason for it. Look into what they are saying and address the issues that are causing them to feel this way. This way, you can make changes where necessary to ensure future success. If done correctly, this could lead to better sales and a positive image for your company.
Tips for a Successful Social Media Marketing Strategy
Do you want to use social media to promote your company?
Here are a few tips for setting up a successful strategy:
- Be Authentic. Everyone has a different voice, so be sure you know what makes your business unique. Make sure that this is reflected in all of your posts and interactions with consumers.
- Tailor Your Approach to Your Audience. Every social media site attracts a different demographic, so make sure you tailor your content to meet their needs. This will provide them with more relevant information, and it might even help you gain new followers!
- Pay Close Attention to Engagement. Social media isn’t just about creating posts and waiting for people to read them. It’s about putting time and effort into engaging with your audience.
- Be Consistent. Make sure that you are releasing content regularly, but not too frequently that it makes people view your page as spam. Also, try to be consistent with how often you post since infrequent posts can lead people to forget about you over time.
- Be Transparent. The primary purpose of social media is to share information with consumers. This means that you need to make sure that your posts are continuously relatable and relevant and not just random ads for your company.
- Don’t Post Too Much. It can be easy to get carried away and post too much if you aren’t careful. If people feel spammed, they may stop following your page or unfollow you altogether.
- Choose the Right Platforms. Not every social media site is right for your brand, so do your research beforehand to see where the best place to reach your audience will be. You can find out which sites are best for you by asking your target audience what they tend to use the most.
- Include a Call-to-Action. If you have a goal for a post, communicate it to your audience by including a call-to-action in your message. This will help you reach your goal and make the post more effective.
- Be Engaging. Social media is about creating a dialogue with your audience, so make sure you are always trying to start conversations with them. If you create a good relationship with your customers, they will be more inclined to share and like your posts.
- Be Consistent with Your Branding. It is essential to maintain the same branding across all of your social media sites. Use similar color schemes and logos on each page for consistency.
- Use Visuals. No one likes reading lengthy posts, so try to use visuals like pictures, infographics, or videos to get your point across in an exciting way.
- Avoid Being Spammy. People will get annoyed and unfollow you if you are releasing posts too often for no reason (or worse yet, it’s not relevant to your brand). Keep this in mind when planning your social media strategy.
Examples of Brands Using Social Media Well
Many companies use social media to promote their brands, but not all do it well.
Social media is a powerful marketing tool that can be used to engage with consumers and create a positive brand image for your company.
Here are some examples of businesses that are killing it in the social media game:
PlayStation is the most followed brand on Twitter, with 18.7 million followers and 376% growth in the total following over five years from 2014 to 2019!
PlayStation engages its fans on this platform by constantly posting new game trailers or streaming events for people who can’t get enough of gaming 24/7 like us here at BlakSheep Creative.
Chipotle has been sticking to its TikTok game since it first took a chance with the app.
And now, this investment is paying off as well! The restaurant chain’s content involves challenges. These types of videos have generated over 240 million views on YouTube alone– proving that tons want more from Chipotlesque food adventures in their lives (and stomachs).
The world’s most versatile camera, GoPro, has over 16 million Instagram followers and 2.23 million Twitter followers to show how much so many people around the globe love it!
This company makes use of its social media platforms very well by creating value through promotion or interacting with their customers via posts on each network respectively:
For instance, they use Facebook to promote their brand and connect with existing customers while also reaching new clients through this platform.
Instagram has become a favorite for showcasing high-quality footage from cameras and tutorials on how best to enjoy all that GoPros have in store – something which Twitter can help you do effortlessly (without cluttering up your feed).
Lastly, YouTube serves its purpose by providing tips about what users should know when purchasing these nifty devices or even just looking at them!
Social media is a powerful tool for brands to interact with their customers, build trust and create intimacy.
It’s not just using social media as an advertisement platform either; successful brands use it to be present in the conversation and break down barriers by communicating on channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
You can do this too!
Let us help you develop your social media strategy that incorporates all of these factors so you can start building those crucial relationships with potential and current clients now.
Get started today with our free consultation, where we will evaluate your brand’s needs and goals then design a customized solution tailored specifically for you – without any obligation whatsoever.
Find out how much better life could be if you had more people who love your brand! Complete the form below to learn how we can help you today.