So you’re a fencing company that wants to blog or write articles to help your business grow. That’s great! Content marketing is an excellent way to attract new customers and grow your business.
You’re missing out on a huge opportunity if your business isn’t blogging or creating articles.
Content marketing can help you attract new customers, build trust and credibility, and even improve your search engine rankings.
The key to content marketing is creating engaging, informative, and valuable content that will appeal to your target audience. But coming up with fresh ideas for fencing blog posts or articles can take time and effort. That’s why we’ve compiled this ultimate list of blog and article ideas to help you get started.
We’ve broken the list down into eight categories:
- Product Reviews
- Fencing Tips
- Customer Stories
- Fence Installation Tips
- Do-It-Yourself Fencing Guides
- Fencing Materials and Supplies
- Fence Styles
- History of Fencing
Each type of post and articles have its own purpose and will appeal to different readers. Use this list as a brainstorming tool to help you come up with ideas for your next blog post or article.
Remember, your articles’ primary goal should be to inform your readers and help them make an informed decision about your products or services.
If you sell or install fences, why not write a review of one of your products? You can include information about the product, features, and benefits. Be sure to include photos or videos to show off the product in action.
You could also write a review of a competitor’s product. This can be helpful for your readers who are considering different options. Just be sure to keep it fair and objective.
Here are ten ideas for product reviews:
- Review a new fence product that you’re excited about
- Do a side-by-side comparison of two similar products
- Write a review of a popular fence product
- Share your experience with a particular brand of fence
- Compare the features of different types of fences
- Give your opinion on a controversial fence product
- Share an unbiased review of a competitor.
- Offer a first-person review of a new fence installation
- Discuss the pros and cons of a popular fencing material
- Review a popular do-it-yourself fence kit
Your readers will appreciate your fencing expertise if you share helpful tips and tricks. Plus, this type of blog post will help you build trust and credibility with your readers. While they might not turn into customers immediately, they’ll remember you when they’re ready to buy.
Here are some ideas for fencing tips:
- How to choose the right type of fence for your home
- The best way to hurricane-proof a fence
- How to repair a broken fence
- How to maintain your fence
- How to remove a fence
- Fencing tips for pet owners
- Fencing tips for gardeners
- Child-proofing your fence
- Fencing Tips for extreme weather conditions
- How to paint or stain your fence
Your customers are your best marketing tool. Sharing their stories is great for showing off your work and building trust with potential customers.
Here are some ideas for customer story blog posts:
- Share a before-and-after photo of a recent fence installation
- Show off a beautiful new fence in a customer’s yard
- Write about a challenging fence installation and how you overcame the obstacles
- Share a customer testimonial about your work
- Feature a customer’s home on your blog or website
- Do a Q&A with a satisfied customer
- Showcase a customer’s unique fence design
- Share a video testimonial from a happy customer
- List some of your most recent customer projects
- Explain some difficulties you faced during a recent fence installation
Fence Installation Tips
Why not share your expertise with your readers if you install fences for a living?
Fence installation can be tricky, so your tips and tricks will benefit DIYers. While this may sound counterproductive (you’re trying to convince them to hire you, after all), it can actually be a great marketing strategy.
Showing that you’re an expert in your field will build trust and credibility, which could lead to more business down the line.
Here are some ideas for fence installation tips:
- How to install a fence in rugged terrain
- How to install a fence on a tight budget
- How to install a fence in a short amount of time
- How to avoid common mistakes when installing a fence
- The best tools for installing a fence
- How to troubleshoot common problems during installation
- How to make sure you don’t cut any corners during installation
- The importance of staking out property lines before installation
- How to safely dig post holes for your fence
- The best way to set fence posts in concrete
Do-It-Yourself Fencing Guides
Although we’ve already discussed the importance of professional installation, some people will want to tackle the job themselves. If that’s the case, you can still help them out by providing detailed, step-by-step guides. Not only will this give you something to write about, but it could also lead to more business if they need help with something they couldn’t figure out on their own.
Here are some ideas for do-it-yourself fencing guides:
- How to install a wood fence
- How to install a chain link fence
- How to install an ornamental metal fence
- How to install a vinyl fence
- How to repair a wooden fence
- How to replace a broken fence post
- How to demo an old fence
- How to install a temporary fence
- Fencing for Specific Uses
- DIY Fence Guide for Gardeners
Fencing Materials and Supplies
Everyone loves a good fence, but only some know what goes into making one. In these blog posts, you could break down the different types of fencing materials and supplies that are available.
This would be an excellent opportunity to showcase your product knowledge and maybe even convince some people to use your products or services.
Here are some ideas for fencing materials and supplies:
- Wooden fence posts
- Metal fence posts
- Concrete fence posts
- Fence panels
- Fence gates
- Fence hardware
- Fence stains and sealers
- Fence lights
- Electric fences
- Temporary fences
There’s a strong chance that someone may want to learn about a specific type of fence for their home or business.
If that’s the case, you could write about the different styles of fencing that are available.
Not only is this informative, but it would also be an excellent opportunity to show off your product knowledge and convince some people to use your products or services.
Here are some ideas for fence styles:
- Picket fences
- Split rail fences
- Wrought iron fences
- Vinyl fences
- Chain link fences
- Bamboo fences
- Wooden fences
- Ornamental metal fences
- Privacy fences
- Shadow box fences
Take any fence type from the list above, do a little research, and then type away.
You’re a fencing professional, so you should have no problem creating enough content to fill a blog or two. And, as a bonus, you might even get some new business!
The History of Fencing
Ok, this one may seem a bit out there, but hear us out. People love learning about the history of things, and fencing is no different.
In this blog post, you could talk about the origins of fencing and how it has evolved.
This would be an excellent opportunity to learn a thing or two yourself, and, who knows, you might even be able to teach your readers a thing or two.
Here are some ideas for the history of fences:
- The first fences
- The evolution of the fence
- Fences in popular culture
- Famous fences from around the world
- The origin of the wooden fence
- How cavemen created fences
- Walls, Fences, and the Law
- Environmentally-Friendly Fences
- How early settlers built fences
- Fencing Through the Ages
As you can see, there is no shortage of topics to write about regarding fences. And if you’re a fencing contractor, you should quickly come up with enough content to fill a blog or two. Just remember to focus on topics that will interest your target audience, and you’ll be sure to attract more visitors to your site.
Now that you’ve got the topic ideas for your blog posts, why not optimize them for search engines and generate even more traffic?
One of the easiest ways to get extra mileage out of your blog posts is to have a professional writer optimize them for you. At BlakSheep Creative, we have a team of expert writers who can help turn your blog post ideas into traffic-generating masterpieces.
Need a website? No problem! We can help you get set up with a beautiful, responsive website optimized for search engines and easy to use.
Get in touch with us today, and let us help you take your business to the next level! Be sure to check out our websites for fencing contractors page to learn what we can do for you!